Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the study of how we think, communicate and behave. It studies excellence and quality and how outstanding individuals and organizations get their outstanding results.
Richard Bandler and John Grinder first used the term Neuro-Linguistic Programming in the 1970’s. They studied excellent communicators and uncovered a wide range of tools and techniques that allow people to achieve excellence in their attitude and approach. Today these tools are widely used in the medical profession, sales & business, education, coaching and personal development.
The name itself comes from the three areas it brings together.
‘Neuro’ refers to the nervous system through which experience is received and processed through the five senses.
‘Linguistic’ represents how the language we use shapes, as well as reflects our experience of the world. It is assumed that if we change how we speak about things, we can change our behaviour and therefore our results.
‘Programming’ describes how we can sequence our actions to reach our goals. It is the ability to organise our communication, how we think, speak and act, in order to realise our potential, achieve specific results and reach new heights of achievement.
NLP is an attitude characterized by a sense of curiosity and adventure. It looks at life as a marvellous, rare and unprecedented opportunity to learn and develop.
NLP is a methodology based on the presupposition that all behaviour has a structure, and that behaviour can be modelled, learned, taught and changed (re-Programmed).
NLP has evolved as an innovative and pragmatic technology that allows the practitioner to support others to achieve results that were once inconceivable.
How specifically can NLP help me?
All aspects of a person’s personal and professional life can benefit from NLP. Use Your Edge offers access to a complete set of NLP techniques. An awareness of NLP will show you the way to
- develop your personal relationships
- increase your persuasive skills.
- change, adopt or eliminate behaviours.
- identify and change limiting beliefs.
- eliminate any negative emotions or limiting decisions.
- generate empowering emotional states within yourself at will.
- choose your mental, emotional, and physical states of well-being.
- get more pleasure out of life.
- learn how to grow from every single life experience.
- increase your ability to create a better quality of life.
- inspire yourself with a compelling future.
- align your values and beliefs with what you want to achieve.
- increase your sense of purpose in your work and home life.
- focus on goals and channel your energy into achieving them.
- establish rapport with clients, customers or work colleagues.
- use your time more effectively.
- increase your effectiveness working with others.
- acquire the skills you admire in others.
- perform at your best.
- create patterns of excellence from any role model you choose.
- find creative ways to solve problems.
- ensure your success will be much more consistent, and much more predictable.
Get in touch with Use Your Edge for more information on we can support you and your organisation at email@example.com