Coaching for Business
Business coaching offers a new approach to working with people and achieving results in a business environment. It is a series of focused, collaborative conversations, designed to move organisations and individuals forward in their goals.
Why Business Coaching?
For the organisation, coaching
- is applicable to individuals and teams throughout the organisation.
- uses a common language that everyone can relate to.
- promotes the development of new skills within the organisation.
- fosters future-orientated thinking.
- develops the talent inside the organisation.
- enhances organizational performance, development and communication.
- promotes focused discussions tied to the achievement of business results.
- complements other quality improvement processes.
- delivers measurable and sustainable results.
At an individual level, coaching
- promotes reflection, self-discovery and openness to taking more effective action.
- emphasises the unique potential of individuals.
- provides a structure and a process for development.
- uses language that is grounded in respect for people and their capabilities.
- promotes personal discovery and self-responsibility for solving problems.
- fosters the development of high levels of self-confidence and mastery.
- works to clarify priorities and strategise professional development.
- helps to create balance between professional and personal life.
Use Your Edge offers success coaching to managers, executives and leaders on a one-to-one basis, focusing professional development on results and outcomes and providing an invaluable source of support and development. We work with clients to identify the most effective strategies, core competencies, and techniques for success in a business context.
During the initial preparation phase we meet with the client/sponsor to identify the performance issues, formulate outcomes, clarify expectations and get commitments.
After gathering information about the client’s performance issues we conduct a number of interviews and ask the client to complete some assessments/questionnaires. We provide feedback and help the client create a professional development plan. This phase can be completed either face to face or on the telephone. There will be supporting documentation that will need to be completed by email.
Thereafter, the actual coaching process begins. Depending on requirements and our availability, this can be a mixture of face-to-face, telephone and email sessions. Sessions can be two, three or four times per month and can vary in length between 30 and 60 minutes by phone and 60 and 90 minutes face-to-face. Your coach is also available between sessions by email to touch base, celebrate wins or develop immediate strategies. Most business clients tend to work with their coach for three to six months, though many do stay longer.
Built into the coaching relationship and in the final phase we report on the client’s progress, evaluate the coaching project as a whole and help the client build support structures to maintain new behaviours, learnings and successes.
Use Your Edge success coaching can support you to
- clarify your priorities and strategise your professional development.
- identify the areas of your professional life that you want to improve on.
- enhance and fine-tune your interpersonal and communication skills.
- raise your profile in your company or in the industry.
- walk the talk.
- create balance between your professional and personal life.
- have a reserve of time, energy and money.
- experience fulfilment and success and develop a compelling future.
Communicate with Insight
Use Your Edge offers this innovative workshop for coaches, trainers, leaders, managers, consultants and educators.
As we communicate in a faster paced and more crowded world, we can no longer rely on our ability to connect with just a few people and not others. The mastery of skills to communicate in a much more sophisticated and knowledgeable way is critical to bringing about the results we desire in our world, both personally and professionally. Whether you are working in a large company, an entrepreneurial business, or you are self-employed, such understanding of others will serve you and the people you interact with very well.
In the roles you play every day, whether it be at work or at home, as a company executive, shop floor worker, client, family member or friend, the understanding of yourself and the basic personal style of another can forward the conversations more clearly and precisely for both of you. Furthermore, in teams and groups, when each member understands the styles of other participants, the group mission and purpose can be forwarded as a result.
The 'Personal Coaching Styles Inventory®' is a tool for such understanding of communication. It identifies four principal communication style traits and helps you discover why and how these natural tendencies influence behavior and interaction. As you study the four styles and understand the variations of each, you will learn to interact, and consult with others in a way that is more effective for you and them. You will learn to better tailor your communication to suit the differing individual needs of those around you, thereby creating an atmosphere of cooperation and achievement.
The 'Personal Coaching Styles Inventory®' workshop is a one-day programme of learning, discovery and practice in which participants discover their own preferred communication style and learn how to “flex”. The workshop is available to individuals and teams and Use Your Edge also provides comprehensive tailored feedback and follow-up support.
For more information on the 'Personal Coaching Styles Inventory®' workshop contact us at email@example.com
Bring a coach approach to managing people, equip managers and leaders to ‘show up’ as coaches in their working relationships and make coaching part of every workplace interaction, whether formal or informal.
Contact Use Your Edge for more information on we can support you and your organisation grow and develop at firstname.lastname@example.org